There are three main entry points into Kalgoorlie Boulder, the Northern and Eastern Ends of the Goldfields Highway, as well as the Great Eastern Highway. Each Entry point has a rest area with parking and large directional map of the City Centre including located of the Visitor Centre, points of interests and emergency contact phone numbers. All parking within the City is free, however most parking areas within the CBD have timed parking, so be mindful of this. We would not like for you to receive any infringement notices whilst you are visiting our city.
For more information on Health and Wellbeing, click here.
General trading hours for most retailers are Monday to Saturday, 9:00am to 5:00pm, with some retailers also offering late night trading on Thursday evening. However, it is advisable to check opening times for individual shops as these could be subject to change.
There is one 24 hour supermarket in operation, Hannans IGA, which is located at 18 Maritana Street, Kalgoorlie. They can also be contacted on (08) 9021 2894. There is also O’Connor IGA which is open 7 days a week. They are located at the corner of O’Connor and Maguire Streets and can be contacted on (08) 9022 8800.
There are four 24 hour fuel stations within the City. These are:
- BP – located on the corner of Hannan and Lionel Streets, Kalgoorlie. Phone (08) 9021 1737.
- Eagle Petroleum – located at 71 Wilson Street, Kalgoorlie. Phone (08) 9022 7711.
- BP – located on Goldfields Highway, Kalgoorlie, towards Kambalda. Phone (08) 9093 0266.
- Caltex – located on the corner of Hannan and Ochiltree Streets, Kalgoorlie. Phone: 13 13 14
- Caltex – located at 146 Boulder Road, Kalgoorlie. Phone: 13 13 14
Public toilets and showers are located in Saint Barbara's Square on Hannan Street, and are operated by the City of Kalgoorlie Boulder. There is a small fee to use these facilities.